Monday, January 02, 2006

Into hospital

I was admitted at 1pm this afternoon (Bank Holiday Monday), have had blood pressure and temp taken and the usual battery of questions. So now I twiddle my thumbs for the rest of the day. I have a posh electric riser bed for the first time (I’m on the right side of the ward it seems). We've been told that P isn't able to be here during the op, so won’t be there when I come back to the ward. I was rather upset at this, and the nurse was trying to reassure me that it was only a small op: that's Not The Point! I will have had surgery however minor or major, and I want my husband to be nearby. However the NHS thinks in term of logistics: the inconvenience of having stressed relatives around, rather than about people and how having someone familiar there immediately after surgery might decrease my stress!
So far I have sewn labels onto E's clothes ready for tomorrow, and started on eating through my pile of goodies. I'm supposed to be fasting from midnight, so no early morning cup of tea....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home